Many students who completed their +2 examination are searching for more information about BIM (Bachelors in Information Management) course in Nepal. At the time you have reached here and reading this article, I am sure that you are interested to know more on this too.
So, what is BIM course all about?
Bachelor in Information Management (BIM) is a 4 year academic program designed by Tribhuvan University. It is a blend of IT and management courses based on semester and grading system. The whole course is of 40% management and 60% IT. With completion of the program, he/she can be able to hold the positions that require competitive managerial and IT as well as communicative skills.
To be eligible to study BIM, the student must require successful completion of 12 year schooling and secure the minimum of second division.
As the program is focused more on practical matters and projects comparing to other bachelor courses, the students will be able to face the real life situations in the future. BIM education is equally competitive as BBA and BIT.
Colleges that offer BIM courses:
- Nagarjuna College (not recommended)
- Kantipur College of Management and Information Technology (KCMIT) – Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- College of Applied Business (CAB) – Tangal, Kathmandu
- Prime College – Naya Bazar, Khusibu, Kathmandu
- St. Xavier College – Maitighar, Kathmandu
- National College of Computer Studies (NCCS) – Paknajol, Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) – Kamal Pokhari, Kathmandu
- Institute of Management Studies (IMS) – Thapathali, Kathmandu
- Thames International College - Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Orchid International College - Sinamangal, Kathmandu
Now that you have known the colleges that provide BIM program, you should also know that only 60 seats are available in each colleges per semester. This means TU accepts only 480 students in a semester. Therefore, you need to rush up before others do and fill up the form for CMAT examination taken by TU in respective college. You need to pass this exam to be eligible for the admission. CMAT exam paper includes four sections i.e. Verbal ability, Quantitative ability, Logical reasoning, and General awareness. Preparation classes will be held in the colleges before the exam is taken.
How much should I spend to study BIM?
Since it is a practical based program, the total amount to be spent is comparatively expensive than other bachelor courses in Nepal. The admission fee is around 10,000 to 15,000 and the fee per semester is around 30,000 to 35,000. To calculate in average, the total amount to be spent for four years will be around 2.5 -3 Lakhs.
To conclude, if you have decided to choose the BIM program for the betterment of your career, it is necessary to select the best college as well.